- Dances will be performed in a series of 5 pubs
- Each team will be provided with a schedule of competition dances
- An area will be provided in each pub for the dance performance
- Each dance will be judged by at least 2 judges
- Each pub will have the same judges resident for the whole day
- Provided that there are no extenuating circumstances.
Awarded to the team that has the highest number of marks overall across all categories and including character marks.
Awarded to the team which achieves the highest number of marks for buzz across all categories in the competition dances.
Awarded to the team that achieves the highest number of marks in the Premier category excluding character marks.
Awarded to the team that achieves the highest number of marks in the Championship category excluding character marks.
Awarded to the team that achieves the highest number of marks in the Open Championship category excluding character marks.
Best Newcomer (The Rapperlympic Flame)
Awarded to the team that achieves the highest number of marks in the Open category where they have not previously attended DERT.
SDU Alternative (Rapper as a Foreign Language)
Awarded to the team that achieves the highest number of marks where their main dance form is not rapper sword.
Awarded to the musician(s) that achieve the highest number of marks for music across all categories in the competition dances.
Awarded to the Character(s) that achieve the highest number of marks across all main competition dances, regardless of category.
- All competition teams must have their own public liability insurance
- All dances should be rapper dances performed to live music with dancers using rapper swords
- Dances must not exceed 5 minutes from the first person entering the dance area to the conclusion of the dance i.e. the last step/out.
- Performers must only compete in 1 team in the main competition
- The judges’ decisions are absolutely final
- Any dance which runs over the allotted performance time of 5 minutes will incur a penalty deduction of 10% per minute from the marks for that performance.
- Any missed spots or late attendance to spots will forfeit all marks for that spot
- Aggregated team score is calculated using the main competition scores (note: not Steve Marris):
- In the case of returning teams:
- The previous aggregated score at DERT. This is calculated by the average of all pub dances in the last year of performance multiplied by 4.
- Where there has been absence in previous years for each year of absence 30 marks will be deducted from this score.
- In the case of new teams
- A score of 0 is automatically given.
- In the case of the previous year’s hosting team(s) if they did not compete that year:
- Their score from the year before they hosted is used in place
- All teams are ordered in descending order by their rank.
- Allocation to the categories is in order of rank and the category split as stated below.
- Where regardless of score the eligibility criteria for a category is not met the team will be reduced by 1 category and the highest ranking team in the lower category matching the eligibility criteria will be moved up.
- Premier Competition
- Any team in the Premier must have previously competed in DERT in the Premier or Championship category.
- Championship Competition
- Any team in the Championship must have previously competed in DERT in any category
- Open Competition
- Any team in the Open category must have previously competed in DERT in any category or have entered as a new team.
Competition Entry Space Availability Allocation
In order to promote fairness and availability for everyone that wishes to compete the following priorities will be used to allocate available space at the competition:
- All team entries will be allocated on a first come first served basis
- If space allows after the end of registration then sides will be able to register a second side: second team entries will be allocated on a first come first serve basis
- Decisions about second team entries will not be made until after the competition entry closing date